Contacts for further information:
Andrew Sier, CEH
Ben Delbaere, ECNC
For ALTER-Net to be effective it's important that we communicate well, both between members and with others outside of ALTER-Net. Our communication and outreach activities are guided by a communication strategy. Up to now we have had six main objectives:
- To raise awareness of ALTER-Net, so that people can understand and value the network and its outputs
- To inform about biodiversity research, particularly that undertaken by ALTER-Net’s partners and associates
- To translate ALTER-Net’s findings into policy and societal contexts
- To provide the means for dialogue between ALTER-Net and stakeholder groups
- To listen to the views and requests of stakeholder groups and to respond appropriately
- To aid effective teamwork and partnership building amongst ALTER-Net members.
ALTER-Net is a 'knowledge hub' in the developing Network of Knowledge (see www.biodiversityknowledge.eu).
Who we communicate with
Our target audiences are: the biodiversity and ecosystem research community; European policymakers; reserve managers and conservationists; relevant NGOs and the wider public.
Communication and outreach activities
There are many ways to stay in touch with ALTER-Net, and you can follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, via RSS and on Facebook.
Our current communication and outreach activities also include:
- This ALTER-Net website
- Flyers & posters
- Policy briefs
- Liaising with policymakers (see Policy interface)
- Events: ALTER-Net organises events. Staff of ALTER-Net member insitutes also attend many scientific conferences and meetings (we try to indicate events where ALTER-Net is involved on our Events listing)