Opp : Ideas for multi-site experiments
|This call is open for ALTER-Net partners but non-ALTER-Net partners can be included in proposals . It should be an ALTER-Net partner who coordinates the experiment and preferably as many ALTER-Net partners as possible should participate.|
ALTER-Net members are invited to submit proposals for multi-site experiments to take place at sites in Europe. To apply, please read the information below and complete this form with details of your proposed study.
- Deadline for submitting proposals: 30 September 2013
- Decision by ALTER-Net council: 31 October 2013
- Available budget in this call: 20 000 € per year
- Period for project: 1 to max 3 years depending on the experiment
- Please send your proposal to: Frauke.Ecke@slu.se
- Please follow the template below when writing your proposal. The proposal, excluding this cover page must not be longer than three pages.
- Description of previous MSEs
ALTER-Net wishes to support LTER-Europe by demonstrating the value of LTER sites as locations for multi-site experiments. Therefore proposals that specify using LTER-Europe sites, or which could easily be carried at some LTER-Europe sites, are encouraged. Proposals don’t, however, have to be exclusively based at LTER-Europe sites.
Priority will be given to proposals with well-formulated research questions and activities that are supported by multiple ALTER-Net partners. ALTER-Net will not finance labour hours, but will finance operating costs and traveling costs needed for carrying out the experiment.